Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Double dolphin

The body of a conjoined twin dolphin (IMAGE ABOVE) washed ashore in Izmir on the west coast of Turkey on Monday. Now in the hands of marine biologist Mehmet Gokoglu of Ak Deniz University, the rare anomalous creature measured 3.2' (1 m) in length and was believed to be about 12 months old. The eyes and blowhole in one of the heads had not opened. Gym teacher Tugrul Metin had come across the dolphin while walking on the shore and describes, "I noticed the dolphin in the sea and watched as it washed on to the beach. I couldn't take it in at first - I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me - I've never even heard about a dolphin like this let alone seen one with my own eyes - I was completely shocked."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may add your comments here.

Labels